Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

My PC is running on Windows 7 MS Office 2003 is used to provide

My PC is running on Windows 7
MS Office 2003 is used to provide email access via MS Outlook.
Recently I found within this App a Folder for OUTLOOK EXPRESS which held all the emails I have received or sent since 2005.
I don't understand why OUTLOOK EXPRESS is a part of Outlook!!
Thinking that these messages were taking up memory I DELETED them and have now discovered that I have lost all my emails from Outlook.
Can you please advise me whether this is a normal function and also how I can retrieve my lost messages.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.When did the problem start?It might still be possible to recover the deleted messages.May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem began approx. 3 days agoI will not be home for the next six hours so will it be possible to continue this conversation later
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sure no problem, save the link to the page (which is also sent to your email) so you can get back to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Martin
I'm not certain when we will be able to continue so can you send me an email when you have suitable time and I will contact you.
However if you do find an answer in the next half hour or so I be very glad to receive it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I have already explained this problem was caused by me when I deleted the contents of the 'emails from Outlook Express' folder in MS Outlook.
I was not warned that this might happen BEFORE I confirmed the deletion??
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sounds odd but if you're on Windows 7 as described in your information we should be able to recover them.Regarding the remote session: From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=6cf05870-c43a-4598-a216-69bd8d9149b8Then click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Again Martin
I am now back on line and ready to continue a search for an answer to my problem with MS Outlook emails.
If you haven't been informed I've decided not to take up the offer of Remote Support as I have checked all the Settings associated with Outlook and don't consider these are part of the problem.
I look forward to continuing our on-line conversation..
Michael
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sure - then I would suggest you run system restore urgently.Press WindowsKey+R type rstrui and hit Enter(WindowsKey can be found on the bottom left of the keyboard between Ctrl and Alt and usually has a flag-like icon on it)Go next and see if you can choose one of the oldest Restore points, or select a date where you are sure you had your emails.Go Next and let the system restore run.Let me know when you've completed the restore.Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Martin
I have done this but without success.
I did in fact try this process myself when the problem first occurred.
The Help Page for System Restore tells us that this operation does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos, and also that it cannot help restore a deleted file.
Any other thoughts please?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Well if done correctly it does - you need to do it from safe mode - another thing you can do is use file history.I can do it for you via remote if you like or you can have a look at the steps here:http://www.howtogeek.com/56891/use-windows-7s-previous-versions-to-go-back-in-time-and-save-your-files/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks once again Martin
If this is the only way to go I'd be happy for you to take Remote Control.
Can you remind me of the costs of this again please.
For your information I do have a Back-Up installed if that can be of any use.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
It might be the best option - what EST time are you available for remote?You should be able to view your question's amount by clicking on "My Account" at the top right of the page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in the UK so our time zone is GMT which I believe is approx. 6 hours ahead of EST.
Therefore I suggest 9am EST (3pm GMT) will be a good time for us to converse.
With regard to the offer of Remote Service which I accepted and then cancelled I will have re-instate this.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Okay sounds good - I am available now if you are online - just let me know if you'd like to otherwise tomorrow at the above mentioned time is fine too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also sounds okay with me but I think it's best If we make contact again tomorrow (Wednesday 16th December) as my life is a bit hectic at the moment.
Should I now re-accept Remote Support before we start.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I think it's been accepted - you need do nothing from your end for now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Martin
When you are ready to proceed please let me know.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello - I was here at the time you suggested but didn't hear from you - I am not in for a couple of hours, I'll be back around 9:30PM your time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay Martin
Sorry I didn't contact you at the appointed time as I wasn't sure who was supposed to make the initial contact.
Look forward to talking to you later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Martin
9.30pm here and I'm ready to go when you are.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=612cf127-d8c9-428b-bdc2-6e63d53776e3Then click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientLet me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
(Ignore the part that says "accept the remote support offer" as it's already been accepted)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All done
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Good work, connected!
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
There you go!If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above followed by Finish as it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin