Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have a Lenovo ideapad flex 15,download windows 10 and

I have a Lenovo ideapad flex 15,download windows 10 and since then I have no touchscreen. Tried everything and spent hours. Lenovo did a reset pressing the small in for 15 seconds on the side.
It went the windows 8, no touch screen and I upgraded to windows 8.1 and then download the drivers from Lenovo website to go with it, but no touch screen.
Please can you help get my touch screen back?
Thanks Jackie
Hello! My name is***** see the same problem was reported by other Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 owners. My suggestion is to do the following: 1. Completely turn off the laptop2. Disconnect the power connector from the laptop as well as any other hardware that is connected (mouse, printer, external hard disk drive, etc)3. Turn the laptop over and remove the laptop battery4. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release it5. Now re-connect the battery and the power adapter and turn the laptop onCheck the touch-screen now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry it still doesn't work?
Jackie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello! Please do the following and let me know if it worked: 1. Move the mouse cursor over the Windows Start menu, and right-click it and select Device Manager2. Expand the Mice and Other Pointing Devices category3. Locate USB Touchscreen Controller (A111) there. Right-click its name and click Uninstall. Check the "Delete the driver software for this device" check-box4. Click OK to confirm the uninstall5. When done, restart the computer6. After the restart, check if touch-screen is now working Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There doesn't seem to be a usb touchscreen controller and tried uninstalling the mouse and point device driver, but just made the arrow turn into a slower line, but no touchscreen
In that case, please uninstall all items under the "Mice and Other Pointing Devices" category. Do the same for the "Human Interface Devices" category as well. There should be several items there - uninstall them all and check the "Delete the driver software for this device" check-box. When done, restart the computer. Windows should automatically re-install the correct drivers after the restart, so check if that helped restore the touch-screen functionality.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but tried that and I deleted every thing as you said, but still no touchscreen.
Many Thanks
jackie
I am starting to think that this may not be a drivers issue, especially when you say that even factory reset, which re-installs Windows 8, didn't work. If your Lenovo laptop is still under warranty, I suggest reporting this issue to Lenovo and asking for a replacement laptop.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No its not under warranty, so there anyone else that can help?
Jackie
Since I am out of further ideas, I will opt-out and allow other Experts to take a look at this problem. You will be notified when you receive a response. Regards,IT Miro
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Adam, I don't mind waiting!
Jackie
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Hello Jackie, are you still wanting to continue to fix your touchscreen?.I have a few ideas we can try, and see if they fix it..I think you just need get the right software for the hardware..However, because there are so many, for this series, I need your serial number so I can narrow down the EXACT software/drivers for your specific machine..Also, are you opposed to doing a remote session, so I can connect to your computer, and check the settings, and install what is necessary?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the wait, s/n 87354002, Which drivers do you need to know about?
Jackie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's on windows 8.1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Can you please help me?
Jackie
I really think the best way to help you is with a Remote Session. Due to the complexity of the issue you are describing, it would take a lengthy series of back and forth to troubleshoot your issue. It is an additional charge, but it is VERY worth it. Because it usually resolves the issue very quickly, and offers an opportunity to see how an expert interacts with a PC, lending to a small learning experience.I will connect to your computer, and fix the issue while you watch, if you accept my proposal for remote tech support.
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience: Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is anytime that best for you?
Sorry for the delay......when would be a good time for you? I am available for the next 4 hours from now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am online now if that's Still ok
Great, i will send you a link that you can use to connect us together for a remote session.
here is the link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=56e960bc-5324-4e1c-b00b-283d0618a1c2