John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I was on an internet page which froze. I

I was on an internet page which froze. I then pressed escape and the screen went blank. Thinking the computer had turned off, I pressed the start button, this actually turned the computer off. Now when trying to start the computer it shows the first icon with the window icon but then instead of going to the wallpaper picture the screen goes blank. I have tried removing the battery but this makes no difference. How can I restart Windows 10?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir is it going blank after you login to windows 10 which means after the windows 10 login screen or before that?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. To reply back to me use the reply box below. You will also get email notification in your email too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I open the computer I usually first see a blue windows icon, this is then replaced by a picture which, when I left click takes me to the login page. Now the screen goes blank after the blue icon i.e. before login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Yes i am.Thank you for the details.In that case we need to go to advance options menu to get thatPress the power button for 3 to 5 seconds for forceful shutdown after that turn on the PC and see if its showing a options screen if not do the same step 2 more times and see it it shows.Let me knowSincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the third attempt it seems to have worked. I am now going to sign in to check that I have normal access/
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean you have got the login screen by doing the above or options screen like this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the login screen. All appears to be OK. I have just restarted the computer which is successful. I have again logged in OK. So all seems to be well except that it aooears to me that the start up is much slower than before.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Good to know everything is back to normal.If the start-up is slow you can open task manager and click on start-up tab and remove start-up items that you do not need to start during the start-up.You can also do disk clean up to remove temp files,error logs too.Please try it also did you open web pages and see whether its getting frozen again.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. It maybe of interest to you to know that while signing up to this session I pressed a tag to get an direct reply rather that a monthly subscription. This took me to a legal advice website! Has someone hacked into your system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Above you said that I would get an e-mail of this conversation; nothing has appeared yet. Presumably this will also include a copy of the bill.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
We (Justanswer) also have different categories we provide support to which includes Law,Home appliances,Cars etc so what you saw will most likely our website itself in were you can scroll down and select different categories.If you had got that website using a pop up message then it can be a adware showing on the browser which you can clear using adwcleaner tool you can get it using this link https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/Now about the emails .did you provide your email address when you opened this session then only you will get the email of the conversation and the receipt,Please check again in your email and let me know.If not let me know and i will give you customer care phone number.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didgive my address***@******.***. Please advise Justanswer that I have received no e-mail. Goodbye
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for rating my service.I will definitely let customer service know about the email issue and they will contact you and do the necessary to get you the email notifications.Sincerely,John