hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer problems
40928634

I used "safely remove hardware and eject media" to eject the

I used "safely remove hardware and eject media" to eject the SD card but then had to shut down before removing it.
When I re-started I clicked on its shortcut and get the reply that it was not there.
I went into Device Manager, clicked on SD card and got the message that it was inaccessible because it had been marked for safe removal and then not removed. The advice was to "unplug" it then plug it in again. I tried that several times with no effect so I shut down/restart.
Device Manager no longer shows any SD card and I can't find any procedure to install one.
Category: Computer
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.
Hello there please go into the Device manager and look at the disc drives option. When you see the USB SD card adapter right click and select "Properties" at the bottom. Then select the "Polices" tab and choose the option which is not ticked. Then press Ok and reboot your computer. Now try your SD card. If things are ok, go back into the same Policy and change the option back to what it was. Now reboot and again and try your SD card.