Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My new kindle paperwhite needs charging after only 2 days.

Customer Question

My new kindle paperwhite needs charging after only 2 days. Only use for 1-2 hours per day
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not good battery using 50% after 2 days ( only 2 Hours reading time)
okay, are you using the wall outlet charger?How long does it take to reach 100% charge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we use the wall charger, we charge both our Kindles at night when required, mine lasts for weeks the wife's 2-3 days only thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for reply to my last Question ?
sorry about the delay. Thank you for your patience. Follow the steps to reset your Kindle Paperwhite to its original out-of-the-box state and see if that will correct the issue: after the reset just sign in with your amazon account and all of your books will be restored.Tap Menu→Settings.Tap Menu→Reset Device.When you see the warning, tap Yes.