IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Can I watch films via a memory stick with a Samsung Galaxy

can I watch films via a memory stick with a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 and I need additional software
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** Galaxy Tab 3 supports adding a microSD card with up to 64 GB of storage. Do you want to watch movies from a microSD card or you were referring to another external storage? Let me know,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I stated in my original question that I would like to watch films via a memory stick
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
A "memory stick" can refer to various types of memory. If you are referring to a USB memory stick, then the answer depends on the model of your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. There are 3 models with different screen sizes:- model with 7'' screen size- model with 8'' screen size- model with 10'' screen size The feature to connect a USB memory stick (called "USB OTG" or "USB On-The-Go") in order to access the files (watch movies) is supported only by 8'' and 10'' models. The 7'' model doesn't support that feature. So, if you have either a 8'' or a 10'' model, you are good to go. You only need a USB OTG cable (micro USB male to USB female). It costs around 2 US dollars. See the attached picture of how it looks like. Once you have that cable, you can connect your USB memory stick and your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 will automatically detect it. You can then browse the contents of the USB memory stick as if you are browsing the internal memory or microSD card. No additional software is needed. If you require further assistance, let me know. Regards,IT Miro