Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My computer monitor just went blank and the mouse just

My computer monitor just went blank and the mouse just stopped working. This WA caused by when I click Uninstall Logitech Unifying Devices in the Control Panel of my Windows 10 computer. I was trying to get rid of the Etror message Logil. DA.dll which
always appear on Start up, so I went to the Control Panel and Click Uninstall Logitech Unifying Devices
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Are you using a desktop or a laptop? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Desk top
OK, if you press and hold down the Power button to restart the desktop, does it allow you to boot up into Windows or does it just show up the same blank screen? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You mean to the power on the computer pillar box?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I pressed it and the monitor switch on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now the control panel is showing on the screen
OK, that's good. Are you able to use the cursor and view the monitor just fine now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to install back Logitech Unifying Devices
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not calling you I always Text with your people
No issues; please ignore the phone call offer shown by the site. Now, could you let me know the model number of your Logitech mouse/keyboard, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can see Listed Logitech Unifying Receiver
OK; if it's listed in the Control Panel, that indicates that the software is currently installed on your system. Are you having any other issues with the system now? Would you like me to remote in and quickly check for you? Do let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is this Etror message on Starting up
There was a problem starting C/Windows
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You can Remote link if you can solve It
I see, all right. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3c5dfbc4-27c5-4ebc-b026-11cf0a9b2252Click 'I Agree'. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
System 32/Logil.dll How much will Remote link Cost me?
There will be NO extra charge for the remote session. Please follow the directions in my above reply to download and run the remote file - and we will be connected. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I rather quit now as I do not know how much Remote session will cost me
As I stated in my previous reply, there will be NO extra charge for the remote session. Sounds good?
You will only be charged the initial $38 deposit you placed for the question, and after your issue has been resolved for good. Do let me know.
I have sent you a remote offer now. Once you accept, I'll provide you with the directions to connect accordingly. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I have to go now. My issue is resolved anyway Thanks
Hmm, no issues. If you could kindly take a moment to leave me a positive rating below/at the top of this page, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problems I will do that
Thanks again :) Also, if you would just like me to provide you with the steps to resolve the startup error message yourself, do let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes Please
OK, one moment - providing you with the steps now. Please stand by.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay; now, please right-click on a free area on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, and then click "Task Manager". In the Task Manager, click on the "Startup" tab at the top. Do you see any item related to Logitech listed there? Keep me posted.
If you see any startup item related to "Logitech" listed there, please select it and click "Disable" at the bottom. Done that, restart the system one more time and check if this gets rid of the error message all right. Do let me know how it goes. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Task manager at the top has no Start up Only has listed Task manager Skype and Sticcky Noy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I clicked it and got a long list of Back ground processes but Logitech Camera is the only one listed
Hmm, one moment please.
Now, in the Task Manager window, do you see a "More details" button at the bottom?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I click it and got a long list
OK; do you see the "Startup" tab at the top now? Do let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes should I click it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I click it
Yes, please click the Start tab and check - do you see any Logitech-related item listed there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Logitech download assistant Logitech Webcam soft ware Thise are the 2
OK; just to clarify: you are getting the startup error regarding LogiLDA.dll?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
OK. Now, please select "Logitech Download Assistant" and then click "Disable" at the bottom. Restart your system thereafter; the error message will be gone for good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can just be clicking off the Err
Please see above reply.
If this works for you, kindly do not forget to submit a positive rating below (or at the top of this page.) You may get back to this page after the restart, through your emails received from JustAnswer. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I am restarting now
Okay, fingers crossed - keep me posted :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It Restarts and no Error message!!
Okay, perfect! Your issue should be resolved for good now :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Perfect Well don
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot I will give you a Tip
Kindly do not forget to submit a positive rating on this page - this is the only way that I'll get compensated for assisting you today :)
Oh, thanks again! Take care, and have a great day :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wil and also give you. Tip
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And you too
Much appreciated :) Thanks again, and bye!
Thank you very much for the generous bonus; I really appreciate it :) Do let me know if you run into any other issues; take care!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you too