Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My computer monitor just went blank and the mouse just

My computer monitor just went blank and the mouse just stopped working. This WA caused by when I click Uninstall Logitech Unifying Devices in the Control Panel of my Windows 10 computer. I was trying to get rid of the Etror message Logil. DA.dll which
always appear on Start up, so I went to the Control Panel and Click Uninstall Logitech Unifying Devices
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Are you using a desktop or a laptop? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Desk top
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, if you press and hold down the Power button to restart the desktop, does it allow you to boot up into Windows or does it just show up the same blank screen? Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean to the power on the computer pillar box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed it and the monitor switch on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the control panel is showing on the screen
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, that's good. Are you able to use the cursor and view the monitor just fine now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to install back Logitech Unifying Devices
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not calling you I always Text with your people
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No issues; please ignore the phone call offer shown by the site. Now, could you let me know the model number of your Logitech mouse/keyboard, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see Listed Logitech Unifying Receiver
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; if it's listed in the Control Panel, that indicates that the software is currently installed on your system. Are you having any other issues with the system now? Would you like me to remote in and quickly check for you? Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is this Etror message on Starting up
There was a problem starting C/Windows
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can Remote link if you can solve It
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I see, all right. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3c5dfbc4-27c5-4ebc-b026-11cf0a9b2252Click 'I Agree'. An 'Elsinore Screen Connect' file will be downloaded by your browser (at the very bottom.) OPEN/RUN the file from your downloads, and I'll be connected. If you face any issues, just reply back to me below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
System 32/Logil.dll How much will Remote link Cost me?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
There will be NO extra charge for the remote session. Please follow the directions in my above reply to download and run the remote file - and we will be connected. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I rather quit now as I do not know how much Remote session will cost me
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
As I stated in my previous reply, there will be NO extra charge for the remote session. Sounds good?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
You will only be charged the initial $38 deposit you placed for the question, and after your issue has been resolved for good. Do let me know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I have sent you a remote offer now. Once you accept, I'll provide you with the directions to connect accordingly. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I have to go now. My issue is resolved anyway Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, no issues. If you could kindly take a moment to leave me a positive rating below/at the top of this page, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problems I will do that
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again :) Also, if you would just like me to provide you with the steps to resolve the startup error message yourself, do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Please
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, one moment - providing you with the steps now. Please stand by.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay; now, please right-click on a free area on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen, and then click "Task Manager". In the Task Manager, click on the "Startup" tab at the top. Do you see any item related to Logitech listed there? Keep me posted.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If you see any startup item related to "Logitech" listed there, please select it and click "Disable" at the bottom. Done that, restart the system one more time and check if this gets rid of the error message all right. Do let me know how it goes. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Task manager at the top has no Start up Only has listed Task manager Skype and Sticcky Noy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked it and got a long list of Back ground processes but Logitech Camera is the only one listed
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, one moment please.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Now, in the Task Manager window, do you see a "More details" button at the bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I click it and got a long list
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; do you see the "Startup" tab at the top now? Do let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes should I click it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I click it
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please click the Start tab and check - do you see any Logitech-related item listed there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Logitech download assistant Logitech Webcam soft ware Thise are the 2
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK; just to clarify: you are getting the startup error regarding LogiLDA.dll?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK. Now, please select "Logitech Download Assistant" and then click "Disable" at the bottom. Restart your system thereafter; the error message will be gone for good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can just be clicking off the Err
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Please see above reply.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If this works for you, kindly do not forget to submit a positive rating below (or at the top of this page.) You may get back to this page after the restart, through your emails received from JustAnswer. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am restarting now
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, fingers crossed - keep me posted :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It Restarts and no Error message!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, perfect! Your issue should be resolved for good now :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect Well don
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot I will give you a Tip
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Kindly do not forget to submit a positive rating on this page - this is the only way that I'll get compensated for assisting you today :)
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Oh, thanks again! Take care, and have a great day :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wil and also give you. Tip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And you too
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Much appreciated :) Thanks again, and bye!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the generous bonus; I really appreciate it :) Do let me know if you run into any other issues; take care!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you too