Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My samsung tablet has been blocked by some virus and only shows

Customer Question

my samsung tablet has been blocked by some virus and only shows a screen that is requesting i make a payment of £100 via a paysafe card to get it unblocked. Can you help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue only occur when you open the Internet app? Or does it occur whenever you open any app or when you turn on the tablet?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
It looks like you are not there. Let me provide a possible solution you can try when you are available:STEP 1:- Press and hold the Power On / Off button on the tablet for about 20 seconds for it to power off, then power it back on.STEP 2:1. Open Settings app icon, then open Applications -> Application Manager2, then select the option All (if needed, swipe from right to left until you get the option All)3, then scroll down, then tap on the item called Internet4, then tap on Clear data and confirm5, then open the Internet app and check.When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.