hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer problems
40928634

I BOUGHT WINDOWS 8.1 FROM A CANADIAN FIRM COSTING £81 INADVERTANTLY

Customer Question

I BOUGHT WINDOWS 8.1 FROM A CANADIAN FIRM COSTING £81 INADVERTANTLY I LOST THE PIECE OF PAPER CONTAINING THE KEY.
IT IS A LEGITIMATE MICROSOFT PRODUCT WITH 32 AND 64 BIT CD'S.
IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET THIS KEY BECAUSE I MUST UPGRADE FROM XP AND PICKED 8.1 32 BIT BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF ACCOUNTING PROGRAMS THAT OPERATE IN DOS AND MY OLD HP PRINTERS OPERATE ALSO IN DOS
YOUR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED BECAUSE MY OTHER TWO WORK PROGRAMS NO LONGER SUPPORT XP
THANK YOU
Category: Computer
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.
Hello there normally the 25 digit product key won't come on a piece of paper. If you bought it online you will receive an email from Microsoft with the key stated in the email.​If you bought a retail copy then the key will be on a credit card size card inside the retail box. The card will have a key logo on the side of like the picture below