Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

Just setting up my new hp pavilion laptop When trying to

Hi just setting up my new hp pavilion laptop When trying to watch bbc iplayer it says I need to set up adobe flash but when I try says its already installed I looked and it is enable There doesn't seem a solution Every time I try it says already installed but on testing says I don't have the latest version but I don't seem to be able to remedy this. Think it Windows 10
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Hi Judith, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today. Please be patient as we work through this as often there can be unforeseen issues that are not always evident when we try to fix the underlying problem. I understand you are using Windows 10. Are you using the built in Internet Browser (Edge) or a different browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome? Please also note that I am in California, USA so there may be some timeliness issues with us working thorough this. Please be patient if I do not respond to you promptly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think I am using the built in browser
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Got it.Let's go ahead and do a complete uninstall of Adobe Flash. Follow these steps:Close your Internet Browser (Best if you close all applications). You may want to bookmark this page so you can come back to it later.Right click on the Windows Flag on the lower left of your screen, then select Control PanelIf you are in Category view, select Uninstall a program under the Programs sectionFrom the list of programs, select Adobe Flash Player and then click Uninstall (After Adobe flash is completed the uninstall, the program should no longer be showing on the list)Launch BBC iPlayer and see if it presents you the option to install and configure Flash PlayerIf it says you still need to install Flash Player separately, you can do so from this link: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (Be sure to unselect any optional offer if presented). It's possible that BBC iPlayer requires a specific version of Flash, so installing it separately may be what is causing the issue. Please let me know the outcome.
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
After my last reply I looked at the BBC iPlayer site. It indicates that Adobe Flash is no longer required (which is good). So see if the videos play without reinstalling Adobe Flash (After removing it of course)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it keeps saying I cant play becuase I need to download Adobe Flash Player Why would it not play then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I just switched adobe flash player off would that work
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
That's a good question. Unfortunately I cannot use iPlayer to test it because I'm in the USA. You can try reinstalling Flash player from the link I provided and see if that works.
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Also, Be sure you have installed the latest version of iPlayer. Download link is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/install
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
It appears the non flash version is still in trials. If you want to attempt it, it can be installed from here: http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/computer/html_5_beta Please, if anything I offer you is beyond your comfort zone, please let me know. I don't want you to feel that you must follow my instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry havnt replied have been out all say and Im knackered so will try tomorrow Thanks