Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have a problem with my Sony Xperia Z3 compact phone.Everytime

Customer Question

I have a problem with my Sony Xperia Z3 compact phone.Everytime i make/receive a call the screen goes black and it won't allow me to end the call?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.So, whe you are on a call, and you place the phone close to your face, the screen will go dark. WHY, so that your face doesnt accidently hit any buttons on the touchscreen..But when you bring the phone away from your face the phone shoudl LIGHT back up, and allow you to push buttons..There is a light sensor up towards the EAR piece (usually not visible, but sometiems you can see it) that detects the amount of light. SO when its up to your ear...the sensor gets covered by the side of your face and part of your ear, and the sensor detects NO LIGHT. Which makes the screen go dark. Make Sense?.SO, if you are using a PHONE CASE that BLOCKS the sensor, then the sensor thinks its dark ALL THE TIME, and as soon as you place a call, the screen goes dark, and wont come back, until the sensor detects LIGHT, and thinks that the phone is AWAY from your face..All this making sense so far?.I do believe you can change this setting within the phone. But i will need to look into this a bit more..Do you have a CASE on the phone? Can you remove the case, and does it work now, without the case on it?