Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Samsung printer ML-2510 Computer reports this printer offline.

Samsung printer ML-2510
Computer reports this printer offline. I have tried another USB lead but same answer.
Can you help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
TO confirm, have you tried a different USB port on the computer and then tried printing?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me when this problem started please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is difficult because this printer is used infrequently. The first time we were aware of it was a week ago but it may have existed for months.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you click start, Devices and Printers.
Right click on the printer and select printer properties.
Then click on the Ports Tab and tell me which port is selected please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung printer is connected to USB002Apologies for the delay; this is a very busy time.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem, do you see USB001 there?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what you mean by first time user; I had my first computer in 27 years ago, numerous ones since and now I am responsible for 3. This is the first time I have gone outside for help, because we are so busy and I have to manage the business, and avoid spending time managing the computers. You have been most helpful and I am very grateful but I can't spend any more time on this problem. We are both of the opinion that the fault lies in the USB connection and I have ordered another one which I will fit in the New Year.Once again, my grateful thanks but I must close this correspondence now.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I mean first time user to this site, but Its ok it was OPTIONAL.
I have not confirmed the issue yet as it appears to be on the wrong port, which is why I asked do you see USB001 there?
This was my last question to you.
But if you wish to end this now, no problem, If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley face then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.