Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have charged my kindle,put the switch to the right

I have charged my kindle,put the switch to the right for 40 seconds & it will not wake up. How much do you charge me for advice?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds (40 is too short).
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you now connect the charger, do you see any lights showing on the Kindle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes an ***** *****ght.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, leave it on the charger for 15 minutes, then repeat the instructions I gave you three times consecutively (if it does not start).
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard reset it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you charge me for this? Your service has been excellent
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as the charge is for my service, if it was only for fixing the problem, then no one would help you in the event that this could not be resolved and needed to be replaced.
Its for the service you received from me that your paying me for...
If you need anything else please let me know and to do the rating you do via on e of the smiley faces then submit please.