Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop L755-154 PSK2YE-042014ENIt

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop L755-154 PSK2YE-042014EN
It seems to have developed a B.I.O.S password, preventing running the boot drive menu.
any ideas on what to do??
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would seem you are unable to come up with a solution to my question. Under such circumstances, I would ask you refund my £20.00 to PayPal without any further delay.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Russell H., and I am sorry that your case was not gotten to sooner. (I myself couldn't attend to it, since it was past midnight in my time zone, and I was asleep.) Your problem actually may not have a good solution. If your laptop has 'developed' a BIOS password, then in reality, someone has had physical access to it, and has played the very dirty trick of setting an BIOS-level access password.That can (since it is essentially a mechanism developed to prevent thieves from getting anything out of their stolen goods, in this case a stolen laptop) be a very potent and irreversible block against access. There used to be a way to reset it by taking out a battery or shorting a jumper, but the last I heard (about 10 years ago) there really were only dubious and elaborate hardware replacements, of a small chip on a board, that might reverse it or reset the password. You still will be able to get data off your hard disk, by removing it and putting it into another laptop with the same hard disk interface type. Since I can offer no real solution to the problem, simply owing to the state of the art, I would advise you this much: the data on the hard drive can be recovered, but the laptop may be a loss. And, beware of your 'friends' - one of them may have played a very bad trick on you. And, set a BIOS password ***** yourself, unshared with others, with your next laptop. And of course, you can try the basic idiot passwords:000000000000123412345and your own full name, first name, firstandlastname, the names in those combinations of everyone you know, etc. If you want to try it, you might, perhaps, hit on the right password. As for a refund of your deposit - I have no power over that, as a JustAnswer Expert. For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-usThey will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness. I would like to express my sympathies for your problem - it's a rare but ratty problem for sure - and wish you good luck, which favors the sensible.