Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Echo/sound test and recording device is having a problem if

Customer Question

echo/sound test and recording device is having a problem if you fix these problems will my Skype be able to make my contact. I only have the one. contact
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir did you check whether the sound and mic works on other applications?Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any otherWhen did this problem started?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. To reply back to me use the reply box below. You will also get email notification in your email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10 I have no problem with any other items. I have been talking to my daughter on Viber. It is my son in Australia who uses Skype I am having the problem with.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.Did this problem started after you upgraded to windows 10 if not when did this problem started?Please let me know the make and full model of the PC?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the problem start 3 weeks ago, and had stop trying to use it until this wee
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am an old age pensioner and I can have time to look up what I am asked and type the answer back.
I have the box the motherboard came in, the details on it is ASUS P8H61-mle usb3 RVS 3.0 Revision
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the details.It seems like its a custom build PC.May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would not be happy for you to have remote control of my PC if this is the only way I would have to cancel the support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you tell me what to try, I can do it, the same as you doing it.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
The reason why i offered remote support is that it will be easy for me and you to troubleshoot the issue and do the necessary to fix it.If you do not want that then we can continue in this chat mode.First we can try system restore to do that please follow the below instructions1. Press windows key and R key that will open run box2. In the Run box type rstrui and press enter that will open system restore window, Click on next3. In that windows it will show a restore date select that restore date were the Skype was working fine. If the required restore date is not listed then select Choose a different restore point on the bottom of the system restore window then select the desired restore date.4. Click on next and continue with the system restore process.During the process the system will restart after that see if that problem got solvedPlease let me know the result after the system restore.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stupid question Where is the windows key
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GOT IT
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
windows key is located in-between CTRL key and ALT key like thisNote: - Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page in case you need to restart the PC or you have accidentally closed this page, In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
System restore has finished at 1.58 from 1.20 approx and I have opened skype and the echo/sound test does not work. when I put in on test it shows the contact being made and then cuts off, all of 3 seconds.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update.Click on help on the top of the Skype and then click on Check for updates,see if Skype is updated to the latest version.Once that is done exit from Skype and then download and install the latest audio driver for your system which you can download it using this link http://tinyurl.com/zaggxy8 Once the audio driver is installed restart the PC and check Skype again and let me know the result.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir checking to see whether you saw my above reply to fix the issue using the instructions I provided.Please let me know the status.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Skype still does not work, nothing has improved and I have paid £19 what are you going to do now
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update.Sir i was waiting for the status after updating driver but you didn't let me know after i gave you the driver link.Once again open Skype and click on help then click on about,then let me know the version installed in it?Are you using the inbuilt Skype in windows 10 or the desktop version were you downloaded and installed from the Skype site?Sincerely,John