Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Seasons greetings! I purchased a new hp 255 laptop the other

Seasons greetings! I purchased a new hp 255 laptop the other week and already it's playing up. I can't seem to get it off the'configuring windows updates' stage. It's been stuck on the loading screen for two days straight now. I've tried restarting it and taking the battery out but sill... It comes back to the loading circle.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Hugo
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be more specific- the screen reads: failure configuring Windows updates- undoing changes- don't turn off your computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.If the windows update screen has been up and circling for 2 days now, then it would be safe to say that the update got corrupted, and windows will not load properly now. Updates are known to be tricky, and if your not careful, and you power off the computer during the update you may have inadvertently corrupted the update..So here's what i would do:1- Get any data off the hard drive that is important to you. Documents, pictures, videos, anything important.2- Erase the hard drive, and REinstall windows.3- Put your data back on the newly installed windows, and your done...This can be a long and arduous process, so if your not computer savy, then you may want to take it into a computer shop for this service.