Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have just bought a new laptop. I have downloaded iTunes.

I have just bought a new laptop. I have downloaded iTunes. I have copied and pasted my music folders from my old laptop. The majority of my music files are stored on an external hard drive.
When I open iTunes the only thing I can see is about 12 album covers, but iTunes cannot locate all the rest of my music etc. Please advise.
Myles
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.When you setup Itunes, all you are really doing is telling Itunes WHERE the music is, and then Itunes builds a directory..However, if you MOVE the music files from one folder to another, or from one drive to another, then Itunes directory has the wrong information..Because it is VERY difficult for user to explain how their folder structure is......it might be best to have a REMOTE SESSION, so i can see what is going on, and understand fully the best steps to fix it..Are you up for that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have you gone?
im still here.....just finishing up another request..I will put a link in here that you will use to get the remote software onto your compter..Please stand by
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Here is the link for the remote session:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=02ea44e3-f106-4126-ab3f-8aa7125f3db4.Once you click on it.....follow the instructions and prompts until we connect
Now that we are done with the remote session..Please take a moment to rate my performance.