Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I have connected my Panasonic HDTV sound output (HDMI) to my

I have connected my Panasonic HDTV sound output (HDMI) to my Denon HiFi Aux input using a 5 metre cable (three phono plugs) so as to hear the TV stero sound through my Bose speakers, (includes bose woofer).. On my previous Panasonic TV, the TV sound and HiFi sound were in sync, however on this later TV, there is a few milliseconds lack of Syncronisation so that the TV sound and visual lips movement on screen do not sync with the Hi Fi stero sound. I have tried to adjust some of the on-screen settings without success. Do you have any ideas.
Both the TV and the Hi have audio optical output/inputs. would this solve the problem ? If so, where could I buy the optical fiber cable and connectors. ?
John Davies
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. There should be a sync setting you can use to adjust the audio. Is that the setting you attempted to adjust?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes , but it didn't seem to do anything.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Is your sync setting variable? Can you adjust it by say so many seconds plus or minus?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't found a sync setting on the TVs menu screen
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
So you have both HDMI and an RCA cable connected to the Denon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a phono cable with a hdmi adapter at the TVs end. I did try using the phono sockets on the TVs but the sync was worse.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Can you describe the phono cable for me please? Color of connectors, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yellow and red
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
There should be no need for anything other than the HDMI cable since audio is carried over that as well as the video. The cable you described, one plug would be for analog video and the other would be for the right channel of analog audio.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in replying, wife has zero tolerance for mealtimes.
As I have time now, do you prefer to phone me. 07796 263266
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
My apologies, but I am unable to contact you by phone at this time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The two Denon phono's left and right channels, are plugged into the Denon aux sockets and at the TVs end go into a phono to scart adapter, which has other switchable configurations . There is then a scart to hdmi cable into the TV, so as to be able to use the hdmi socket on the TVs..
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Oh I see. Then using the optical connection would be best with your particular setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Good luck and don't forget to unplug the phono cables.