Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have recently bought a Pixma MG7750 printer to replace my

I have recently bought a Pixma MG7750 printer to replace my still working excellent MP990 printer, the reason being that the MP990 is not compatible with Windows 10 Pro 64bit to which I have also recently upgraded.
I rarely, if ever, print photographs and am disappointed to find that the MG7750 software will not allow me to print envelopes from the Cassette 1 photo tray although they fit within the sliding mechanism.
I liked the convenience in the MP990 of being able to feed A4 paper and envelopes from separate sources, whereas with the MG7750 I have to remove the A4 paper from Cassette 2 before I can feed the envelopes for printing.
It’s really disappointing that Canon has not made the Cassette 1 and its software more flexible to allow other types of paper media such as envelopes. I know I could use window envelopes, but they’re a bit naff for non-business use.
Does anyone know of any workaround to resolve my problem?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Unfortunately, using the printer in a manner that is NOT listed in the owners manual, may have ramifications that lead to total malfunction of the printer..I understand your issue, and really do sympathize with you about this, however, this printer (Canon Pixma MG7750) is a PHOTO printer. Which means it is PHOTO centric, and by nature does NOT have a lot of BUSINESS features, such as selcting the type of cassette to place the envelopes for printing from..Again, i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no work around here. Cassette 1, is for PHOTO papers, and Cassette 2 is for A4 and envelopes..I wish there was more that could be done, but alas there is not. I suggest if you want some more flexibility in the TYPES of media you print on, and to be MORE business centric, maybe you can return the printer, and exchenge it for a NEW different printer. One that suits your needs..Please take a moment to rate my performance. Thank you