hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer problems
40928634

I am trying to download windows 10, i get to the point of which

Customer Question

i am trying to download windows 10, i get to the point of which windows 10 tells me to manually delete a program which was deleted previously, which was pc tools doctor and does not now appear in my down loaded programs.
Category: Computer
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.
Hello is this PC Tools Doctor by Norton please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pc tools doctor could well be a program by norton, i downloaded it a couple of years ago, but it was only for a trial period which i did not renew.
Thank youI have a few suggestions1) You can try to reinstall it again and then uninstall it using the remove programmes.2) You can manually uninstall it by following this page3) If still no joy then please use revo uninstaller to uninstall the programme (the free version is about half way down the page)Let me know how you go please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried to reinstall pc tools doctor but could not activate because i had no activation key, no sign of pc tools doctor in my down loaded programs so revo uninstall could not help, and windows 10 is still saying i have to manually uninstall pc tools spyware doctor
Thank you. By the way how did you uninstall PC tools in the first place please?​Ok please try my suggestion 2 & report back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
microsoft uninstaller could not uninstall pc tools doctor so i used revo uninstall, tried your second suggestion but to no avail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank youCustomerfor your kind attention and patience but i think i might have to go a bit more drastic pc wise.
Hello again did you find entries in the registry for the PC tools please? I want to make sure it is the Nortons PC tools that you installed and not another rogue programme