Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

I have a problem with HP solution centre. I run Windows 10

I have a problem with HP solution centre. I run Windows 10 and it has worked fine until yesterday. I have reloaded latest driver etc. from HP. It just wont open from desktop or Program list.
Help!!!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.When you say it wont open from the desktop app, does it launch and then close automatically? or are you receiving an error message?Did you attempt to reinstall it from CD or a download?Please provide the model of your computer..I have a few possible solutions but please respond back so I can better understand the underlying problem.--Joe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not open. I get a double beep like "no no" and that's it. Would it be helpful to talk on the phone. I understand that costs another £18. If that was the maximum, I am happy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my computer is an ACer. It was a download from the HP site dated 15/12/2015
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no error message
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately from where I'm at I cannot make an international call. however since you indicated it worked up until yesterday, a simple solution could be as easy as performing a system restore to a point in time that you know it worked. I will send you the steps in my next reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. I am happy to do an international call or you could come in remotely if you wanted to
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
1- Go to the Start menu, or click the search box and type Create a restore point and hit Enter to open the legacy "System Protection" settings page to configure the feature.2- Click the System Restore button and click Next.3- You will be shown all the available restore point available with date, description, and more importantly, you'll also see the type, which specifies if it was created manually or by the system. Then click Next and then Finish to begin the restore process..Once the process complete, you will back to that point in time your system was working correctly..If this does not resolve the issue, then we can do a remote desktop session if needed.--Joe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doing it now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are down under in Oz?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Restore is in process
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm in the US. Technically I can make international calls but often there are issues with the connection since I would have to use Skype or other VOIP services.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still going. Stand by. How long should it take?
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
16 mins now. "System restore is removing temporary files"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Restarting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joe, you are the man. All seems to be working. Thanks a million. How long is the guarantee for?
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Haha.... I wish I could offer a guaranteeThere's many things that can cause an application to stop working. Often it is due to a system or application update that "steps" on it. I myself have experienced problems with the HP solution center and I found this to resolve the problem. When completed, you may want to download and install the most current version. This link should take you to it:http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html#.VCnkO5V0weE?jumpid=hpr_r1002_usen_link1--Joe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joe. I have messed up. There is a sub program within HP SOLUTION CENTRE which causes the whole thing to fail if you Len it. I have lost all the restore points that would help. Can you help me?ThanksMichael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joe
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Hi, What seems to be the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a sub program in HP solution centre called HP photo creations, which if I try to download messes it all up again. The problem when I go to create a restore point, is that there is only a restore point from last night. We need an earlier one. Send me the idiot of the week award
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
When you open the system restore window, you should see a checkbox to view additional restore points (if any).
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
See the screen shot I just sent. Restore Points are limited to your system capacity. Sometimes there's only a few available
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. There is nothing there before last night 21:00.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there more in another place?
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can we do?
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
The only thing you can do is undo your last restore. but I dont think that will recover anything prior. That wont fix your problem though
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
What happens when you run photo Creations?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is only a desk icon at the moment and when I try to download it I get a message " unable to download HP creation "
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error number Da 871
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Did you download and install the latest version of Solution Center?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not using your link. But I had gone to HP site and downloaded 15th December version
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
ok. That should be sufficient. Solution Center came with your printer... correct? What model Printer is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
photosmart c7280
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
I see that you opened another question with us. Since this one is technically closed we should switch to that one to continue our conversation. I also want to look to see if there is a way to get your program working by re-installing. Can I get back to you in a few hours? I was about to run an errand when you contacted me.
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Or I can have another expert jump on to assist you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 23:20 here and in a few hours I will be asleep. Another guy would be good. I signed up to the 1 week trial
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
OK. I will open the other question to someone else. You may have to explain a little bit but I'm sure they will be able to assist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks