Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My Kindle Fire will neither open up nor shut down completely.

My Kindle Fire will neither open up nor shut down completely. It is stuck on screen which says " do you want to shut down your kindle". I can neither shut it down nor cancel the message. The screen just sits there and does nothing.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting youPress and hold down the Power button for 20 seconds and let me know if it shuts down or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. It shut down completely and has now re-opened at the book I was reading.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What was I doing wrong?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
at times the device freezes due to the book loaded not responding and closingthat not something serious and if the kindle is operating fine its good to go
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your help. I thought I might have to get a new one and lose all the books on the current one! I can now finish the book I was reading - plus a few others. Many thanks.