Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

I have a restore point problem. I had a problem with HP

I have a restore point problem. I had a problem with HP solution centre crashing. I restored it and did something stupid which caused it to crash again. I cannot find a restore point early enough to solve the problem
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Instead of using System Restore, why not simply try an uninstall of the software (and drivers too) for your HP printer, followed by a restart of your system with the printer unplugged, followed by a full reinstall of the HP software and driver for your printer? It is likely to work. But in order to be surer that it will work, you will need to follow exact instructions that I will give you. To give you the right details in those instructions, I will need to know:- what HP printer you have, by its model #.- and, what Windows version, or MAC OS X version if you have an Apple computer, is on your computer. Let me know, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a photo smart c7280. I am running Windows 10. The printer is connected wirelessly.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let me know two more details, please, before I send you instructions:1. did you upgrade to Windows 10? or did your current computer come with Windows 10 on it?2. what shows up for the System Type, inControl Panel - System and Security - System? it should be either 32-bit or else 64-bit... I am guessing 64-bit, but need confirmation, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Upgrade and 64 bit
Thanks. Working out on the road at the moment. Will be at home at about 8 o'clock
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
It's OK if the case waits until then, or later.For then or later, here is the offered set of instructions: First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from both power and computer. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.) So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer. Go to your computer, to the Start button, then to Control Panel, and remove all entries for your printer and its series in Devices And Printers, by clicking on each icon (or entry) and deleting. Then go to Control Panel, Programs, Programs And Features, and use Uninstall (or Change) to get rid of all programs specific to your printer. Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again. Then, go tohttp://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-C7200-All-in-One-Printer-series/3204782/model/3204784 and make sure that Microsoft Windows 10 is selected, and then click on the red DOWNLOAD button for theHP Photosmart C7200/C8100 series Full Feature Software and Driversthen click on the Download button and follow the download process, getting the driver onto your disk, and completing the download and then starting the driver installation program and following through the process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok sir I'll give it a go. Are you around in about 4 hours time. I'm thinking that if that doesn't work, maybe we do a call or you come in remotely to solve this. I'm pulling all my grey hairs out!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
We'll see... but I'm not sure I'll be available in 4 hours from now, I'm sorry to say I'll be on the road and offline then. Perhaps by 6 hours from now, instead, would that do?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work. Still same problem. During install it flashed up not compatibable with Bing. I'll wait for you to get back
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
You may have to switch from Bing, then, unfortunately. If Bing is locking out Brother Control Center or any program, that may be the only alternative. Or perhaps, if you can't give up Bing and prefer it, you may have to just switch your browser away from it temporarily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't use Bing. I don't know if it is on my machine.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Go to Internet Explorer. See if the search bar at the top says 'Bing'.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Did the install stop when the message about Bing appeared?If so, what was the exact and full text of the error message please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It said it was not compatibable. I can't remember whatelse
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Please go through the procedure of unistall, restart, and reinstall that I provided for you previously, step by step, over again. Note when the error appears in the process, what is on the screen, what the error message and/or code is exactly, and what happens next or what you have a choice of doing next.I will guide you according to that information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wil start in about 10 minutes and hopefully we can sort this out today
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. I'm online and ready to assist at any time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doing it now.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I set it to uninstall apps and started on HP all in one. About 9 products were deleted until this message came up. HP installer has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working properly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. I was then prompted to restart to finish uninstall. After that there were still 4 HP apps to be removed and they were removed with ease. I checked in devices and printers and no devices were there. I downloaded the program/driver which went well until a message came up. " Bing bar does not work on this application. It takes you to a Windows web page saying it has been blocked because it might not work with W10. I haven't used Bing for ages and it is not on my app listNow waiting to see what happens. HOLD BREATHIt seems to be working, but I am not going to download HP photo creations as that seems to be the one associated with Bing.OVER TO YOU SIR. It makes no sense.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Well... how did you remove the HP devices in Devices And Printers? And, did you restart the computer between I checked in devices and printers and no devices were there. and I downloaded the program/driver which went well until a message came up. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printers were not there and I did do a restart before the download.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Well... is your HP printer software now working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to be for the moment. Thanks
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to hear it... it should continue to work, I hope. And I'm glad to have given you useful advice.Please rate my Answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience: 11 years experience