Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My sons iPhone has broken in order to get fixed iv been

my sons iPhone has broken in order for it to get fixed iv been told I have to turn off iPhone finder. I turned it off lastnight but when I went to Vodafone to get it fixed they said it was still on. ive tried to check it again and it says device is offline does that mean iiphone finder is turned off?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. You will need to manually delete the phone from your iCloud account itself, in order to turn off the "Find my iPhone" feature. May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the account now? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I'm sorry it takes me a while to read ant answer back I have poor eyesight and have been struggling to switch iPhone finder off
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I see - absolutely no issues. Please carry out the following steps carefully now, to disable the "Find my iPhone" feature on the broken iPhone: Using a computer (and not a phone/tablet), go to www.icloud.com and sign in to your account with your Apple ID and password. Use the same Apple ID and password ***** to the phone that's broken. Once signed in, click “All Devices” on top center of the screen. Next, click on the broken iPhone that's listed. A new window will appear displaying the device you selected. Ignore it and go to the next step. Back in the center of the screen, you will see that your “All Devices” has now changed to the name of the broken iPhone. Click on this name and a list of the devices will drop down again. This time, you will see an “x” to the right of the broken iPhone. Click the “x.” You will be prompted to remove the device: click “Remove” and you’re done.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If you need further assistance with this issue, please reply back using the box below. I'd appreciate it if you could kindly submit a positive rating by clicking on one of the stars at the top of this page. Thank you :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi ive logged into www.icloud.com its comeup with afew boxes such as iPhone finder and settings what do I go on
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, let's go ahead with a remote session now, so that I can check the screen for you. Are you currently replying to me from a Mac computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it a hp laptop
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=63efdd13-5619-4195-8f29-53cde9400315 On the page that opens up, click "I Agree". Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.) I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will be better for me to call you because I'm struggling to read my eyesight is not good
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I see. Alternatively, could you kindly provide me with the iCloud login details (email address and password), so that I can check and remove the broken iPhone from your account? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes that would be better for me thankyou these are the details***@******.***\password ***** I hope you can sort this problem for me
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, thank you - one moment, checking the settings now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, there's just one "iPhone" listed - could you confirm if that's the one you need to disable the "Find my iPhone" from?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, I have removed that iPhone from the iCloud account now - which means that the "Find my iPhone" feature has been automatically disabled for that device as well. This, in turn, will allow the repair reps to unlock the phone and repair it accordingly. If you need further assistance with this issue, please reply back using the box below. I'd appreciate it if you could kindly take a moment to submit a positive rating at the top of this page. Thank you :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an iphoe too but this icloud password ***** ***** sons not mine so it should be that one shouldn't it
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Yes - please see my reply just above; I have removed the iPhone from the account now, so you should be good to go :) If you have no other questions, kindly do not forget to rate my service below/at the top of this page. Thanks again!
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the generous bonus; I really appreciate it :) Take care, and do let me know if you have any further issues!