Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

My wife has a new Kindle Fire and cannot setup the email account. How

Customer Question

My wife has a new Kindle Fire and cannot setup the email account.
How do we fid out the provider details to allow manual set up ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is the Internet currently working on the Kindle Fire?What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know which email we use. That's what I am asking.
You currently have a working email address right?What does your email address ends with, such as @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, @aol.com, etc.?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I Don't have working email. That's what we are trying to set up on Kindle Fire
Have you ever used an email address previously?Do you have a Windows or Mac computer? If yes, do you have an email working on the computer?Do you have an Amazon account yet?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't used email before .
Don't have personal computer.
Yes have Amazon Account
Amazon account requires an email address. If you have an Amazon account, that means you are using an email address for it. Are you using someone else's email address for your Amazon account?Thank you.
Do you mean you would like to start using email, i.e., receiving email messages and sending email messages from people?Please let me know the followings:1. Is the Internet currently working on the Kindle Fire or not?2. Are you currently able to download / read books on the Kindle Fire or not?3. Would you like to create a new email address?4. Are you currently communicating with me at this web page on a Windows or Mac computer or on a tablet or smartphone, etc.?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
If you'd like to set up a new email address, can you go to the website below:http://www.outlook.com/, then there, click on the option Sign up now at the bottom right, then fill out the form in order to create a new @outlook.com email address.When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer? Please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.