The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

I am unable to use excell as all the cells merge in blue when

I am unable to use excell as all the cells merge in blue when I try and add a figure
As I use excell for dai;y accounting the mal function is very concerning
How can I restore Excell to normal function
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which version of excel you are using?
and is it happening with all files or just one in particular?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****
Thank you so much for your response
Last night my Excell reverted to normal ? why I was so relieved I had run HP programme updating etc
My computer is HP Windows 7 So for th moment I do not have a problem BUT I was so glad to find you when I was panicking ( I am 81 years old) HOWEVER This morning I re tested Excell on my financial Excell the problem has recurred ? why when I click over a square to enter a figure nothing happens when I move the mouse it turns all squares light blue . the site is dysfunctional. What can I do ? to return to normal Last night it was behaving itself . Any help welcome. Apologies
Geoff
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using Excel 10 My computer is HP Word 7
It is happeneing on my financial excell files only at the moment
Do hope the above helps Geoff
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this is actually not an excel issue, The issue is with your mouse. What is happening when the cells turn light blue is that it means that you are highlighting or selecting a range of cells. I suspect that the left mouse button is either getting jammed or you are clicking and holding the button rather that clicking and letting go. Mice do wear out and do need to be replaced from time to time. In the mean time until you can replace the mouse, you can press "Ctrl" and "G" on your keyboard and type the cell address of the cell you want to goto to modify. for example A1 or F15. I know it would be a pain to work this way, but you can bypass the mouse this way until you can replace it. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIMEIT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTIONTO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREENDo not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience: 20 years experience providing remote computer support