Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

My husband died in April 2015 and the Norton Security was in

Customer Question

My husband died in April 2015 and the Norton Security was in his name and e-mail address and has now expired. I want to change it to my name Mary ******* ******* what do I do ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mary, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Because Norton does NOT recognize JOINT accounts. What you need to do......is get your OWN norton account.

.

To do this.....you will need to UN-install the Norton that is currently on your computer.....and then Purchase your OWN copy of Norton, and register it with YOUR email address.

.

This can be tricky, and it can be easy to mess up, as you are working with 2 accounts.

.

Unfortunately, Norton does not allow the TRANSFER of accounts to a different name. Norton requires that you create your OWN account.

.

I think the best way to help you is with a REMOTE session, and allow me to connect to your computer, to make the changes, and help you get setup correctly.

.

Are you up for it?