Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

Richard, Ihave deletedmy Windows 7 User Name and password

Hi Richard, Ihave deletedmy Windows 7 User Name and password ***** error. I have an installation disk
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clive. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Is your disk agenuine Microsoft Windows 7 installation disk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Can you tell me the brand and model number of your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is one that I have built. The motherboard is an Asus with an i5 Intel processor
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to get the computer to boot from the disk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems onlyto boot to where it gives you alist of items boot into dos etc.not booting into system
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Can you boot from the disk such that it starts the Windows installation process?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not really it only boots into the diagnostic part of Windows
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't sound as if you have a full install version on the disk.We can create a password ***** disk if you have an internet connected PC with a disk burner and a blank CD or DVD disk?or a flash drive will work as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all of that but I understood that the disk must be available before the problem
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
That only applies to a Microsoft disk which must be set up before the issue arose. I'm talking about a free third-party utility whichwill do the job.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already trialled one though and it did not find a User name or password
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
They're not created equal. Do you want to try this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Byron,
I'd prefer to leave it if I may
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Leave what? I'm talking about getting you back in to your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know but the cost will be expensive and so I would prefer to leave it now
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Let me know when you're ready. The cost is only what you have already committed to. No more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Talking about the Microsoft disk, it has a problem solving area and a complete install.I do not want a complete install as I will lose all my data but cannot it do a repair install
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
What I'm talking about doing preserves your data and has nothing to do with Microsoft or their disk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's go with it
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Please click the link below. When the page opens click the green I Agree button and the connection download will begin. When the file has downloaded (Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) select Run or Open. When the file has loaded we should be connected.http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e403fe76-5df0-4fa8-957f-6e2ed1371631#
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Are you back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Confused for a minute but yes
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Ok. When you install Windows 7 on top of itself you should get a message that Windows has detected a previous installationand your files will be placed in a folder called Windows.Old.Are you getting that message when going through the install steps after booting from the install disk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got it
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Doing this will keep your files. You'll need to install your software programs back though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks do you think we should leave it there now. Byron
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Have you started the installation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but install What
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
When you install Windows 7 on top of itself you should get a message that Windows has detected a previous installationand your files will be placed in a folder called Windows.Old.Are you getting that message when going through the install steps after booting from the install disk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Byron, Unfortunately then it looks as though I will lose my Emails with all the codes on it for software
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
How do you access your email. Are you using an email client like Microsoft Outlook or do you access your emailthrough the browser on the internet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't quite know what to do now Byron. are we still within the original cost. I use Outlook
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Yes. We are. Is your email @Outlook.com or are you using Microsoft Outlook which is part to the Microsoft Officesuite of programs?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying anyway. Can we close it?
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Sure. Please take a moment before leaving to provide a rating using the starsat the top of the page, then submit.And have a great day.