Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I am unable to run outlook 2013 having upgraded to Windows

Hi I am unable to run outlook 2013 having upgraded to Windows 10 :-/ I would really just like to know how to reset my outlook so that I can start from scratch as it has old profiles
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to fix the issue directly? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
prefer if you can advise me....partly so I know what to do
If i am able to troubleshoot it; i'll tell you how it was fixed. If i instruct, then we'll do the troulbeshooting via question/answer and it can take too much time of yours to conclude. If you have no issues with it, we can continue here. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so what I would like is for you to direct me how to access the Outlook profile edits. I know how to do it in a windows 7 control panel and I think even Windows 8.1. But I cannot find it in Windows 10thank you
Hold the Windows Key and Press X. Choose Control Panel, and search for Mail. You will see the profiles there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK hold on ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. So I have done that - thank you. ***** have Outlook uninstalled. So there is no "mail" search result. Would this be correct?
Yes. Can you install Outlook and then test this. It should be there after the Install.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK.. also I was thinking I should install 64-bit O365 this time..would you recommend this is a good idea?
You should install the one compatible with your system, if your CPU is 64-bit then go for 64-bit, otherwise if it's 32-bit then 64-bit wont work, but if it's 64-bit, then both will work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you Kamil. That has been a great help to set me on the right track. I am not finding it easy to make the switch to new windows and there seems to be very little clear information. The Windows-X shortcut for example is a game-changer for me!
You can use Win X for most administrative tasks, and also change Start Menu to look like Windows 7's Start Menu using Classic Shell, it will makes this easier. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon on the top right, that will be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks. duly rated.
To rate, you need to click the star icon and then click submit. Rating has not come through yet.