Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Could you advise me how to remove 'Palikan Search' which

Hello, Could you advise me how to remove 'Palikan Search' which has hijacked my Firefox search engine?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you do the following please
Start Firefox and click on “Tools” option in top menu
Select “Add-ons” option”
Click on “Extensions” in the sidebar
Find WSE_Palikan and like add-ons and right-click it
Click “Remove” button and restart Firefox
Launch Mozilla Firefox and enter “about.config” in the address bar
Type “Keyword.url” in the search box that appears and right click it
Set it to desired search provider instead of dregol.com
Type “browser.search.defaultengine” in the search box
Right-click it and reset it to your preferred search instead of Start.Palikan.com
Search for “browser.newtab.url” and right-click it. Reset it to prevent dregol.com ins automatic start in each new tab opened in your Firefox
Restart Firefox to complete removal
Then
Launch Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu and select “Options“
Find “Startup” section under “General” tab and remove Palikan.com
Type URL of website that you prefer to see as your homepage
Close Options and restart Firefox
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is, I no longer have access to Firefox as, when i click on the icon I get Palikan Search instead...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you still have firefox, thats the actual program, its your search engine and home page your missing, which you get back by doing my instructions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thank you. I'll have a go. (I'm not an IT expert, you'll soon appreciate...)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I can also do these steps for you by connecting to your computer, else
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm afraid that when i click Extensions there is no sign of Palikan, in the add-ons
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you do not see WSE_Palikan then you can continue on with the next batch of instructions in the list I gave.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks