The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

I want to make my own web site, can I do that through google,

Hi, I want to make my own web site, can I do that through google, if so, how? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
Hello Tim. I think you are confusing google with a web site creation software. Google is a search engine. What that means is that after you have already created your website, you list it with google using certain keywords and when people search for that topic, they will theoretically find your site. For example if you sell furniture and someone typed that keyword in, they would find that on a google search which would list all related sites. Unless you are referring to google sites, which is basically a software that allows you to design websites. Although it is set up more for blogs.https://www.google.com/sites/overview.html You may also want to check out wordpress, which has several editable templates from everything from a shopping site, to a gaming site. https://wordpress.org/ Now if you are more inclined to design or code your site, you will have to learn basic HTML, there are many forums out there that can help with that. w3schools is the most useful one I came across. And there are several software programs that can help you. Dreamweaver, and Frontpage, for example. Although technically all you need is any text editor to create html pages. Ultimately after you have created your website, you will have to find a host, such as GoDaddy, or BlueHost, which charge a small monthly fee to store your site online or register a domain name. hopefully I provided the info you were looking for. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------let me know if you have any questions, problems, or concernsPLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIMEIT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTIONTO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREENDo not rate negatively, instead continue the conversation with me so I can address any of your concerns---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profilehttp://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/and ask a question right in my box,also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** all very technical, but will try and get started and hopefully then contact you again, on the same request.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE SO I AM PAID FOR MY TIMEIT WILL NOT COST ANYTHING ADDITIONAL BEYOND THE VALUE OF YOUR QUESTIONTO RATE, CLICK THE STARS AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN