Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Tom Tom was dropped and now will neither switch off nor

My Tom Tom was dropped and now will neither switch off nor give any directions. I have asked Halfords for advice and they tell me to contact customer support at Tom Tom. Can you advise (by phone on *********** how to get it working again? Thank you.
T.Gibbs.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the unit and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the device.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have don e what you suggest and the result is the same (ie the tomtom logo is displayed with the little ;picture with two outlines of hands)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And it does not load past this correct? You cannot get to the main page or menu.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now reconnected to the charger and the Tomtom is working so you clearly have a longdistance ability to 'sort things out at arms length'. Thank you.
Cheers,
Tim Gibbs.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect Tim and yes I do :)
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.