Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a blackberry priv. My email was working fine. I then

Customer Question

I have a blackberry priv. My email was working fine. I then had to change my password ***** my email account. The new password ***** on my iphone, my old blackbery 10, my computers but not my prvi. It comes up with a message after trying to validate
An errror occurred during your account set-up
details
Can't connect to server. Please check your settings and try again.
I have but no success.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, can you hold the power button down on the Priv until you get the menu and restart it.
Once restarted, try to update the password ***** tell me if it now updates please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have already done this but will do it again.

Done again. Does not work.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove the account from the Priv please so it is not on there at all.
Then restart the priv and add the email account to it and tell me if you can then add it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I remove the account. I tried to do this before I contacted you.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
To do this, In hub, click on three lines top left, select settings at bottom, then select account you want to delete, then trash on top right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

done

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so all working now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. Account just removeed

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you complete the instructions please?
restart the priv and add the email account to it and tell me if you can then add it please.
If you forgot how, its via Settings, Accounts and you add it there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still does not work

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Where you able to add the account Michael, this is what I need to know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I received a message that account info wrong. But it is the same as on my other 2 phones and my computer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what information did you enter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

email address and password.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
whats the email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
click on this link and sign into your account
https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform?s_cid=con_Furl_mail&utm_source=ATL&utm_medium=FURL&utm_content=R&utm_campaign=btmail
Via your computer, tell me what happens please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I see my email accout.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if your 100% sure your entering in your correct details on the Priv, then you will need to reset it. This will remove all data from it and return it to new but you cannot avoid this.
To do the reset
Tap the All Apps button at the bottom of the screen > Settings, or perform a two finger swipe from the top of the screen and tap on the gear icon
Scroll down to the Personal section of the settings menu and tap on Backup & reset
Tap on Factory data reset. A list of all your installed accounts is shown below along with an option to erase the SD Card (if installed). If you wish to keep the data on your external card, simply leave unchecked or remove prior resetting
Tap on Reset Phone
Please note if the device is secured with a password/pin/picture, you will be prompted to enter in their code in order to proceed
A warning will appear asking you to confirm the action being performed. If you wish to continue, tap Erase Everything
Then set it up and add the email account
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am going to try the Blackberry transfer app now that I have removed the Bt email account.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It worked

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome!
It was the profile that had an issue, and needed t be recreated. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since I installed your item above none of my emails work on my computer or my 4 smart phones

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Nothing was installed Michael, we just reset the phone so you would need to set it up again with the email accounts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was the answer below which concerned me-

Comment

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you just signed into your email account.... Thes the BT site, why would that concern you?