Steve M
Steve M, Consultant
Experience:  MCSE
67392652

My Epson Perfection 3590 scanner's LED light is not working

My Epson Perfection 3590 scanner's LED light is not working and I think the lamp needs replacing. How can I get it done locally? I live in London W5.
Category: Computer
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you with this issue.When did you purchase your Epson printer? Can you provide a month and year?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot remember exactly, but it is at least 7 years old.
I see... 7 years old make this printer many generations behind the current generations of printers. It would even make it impossible to find parts.
I'm afraid that it would be better to replace the printer with a new model.
You'll be able to take advantage of the newer technology.
Also, if you were to spend the time and money to repair your printer, something else may fail on it due to it's age.
Let me know what you think.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not a printer but a scanner and it works perfectly except for the LED light that has failed. I understand your point about the age of the scanner, but it has not been used intensely and just changing the bulb would give it more useful time. Is it not possible just to replace the lamp?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not getting a reply to my last comment/question about changing the bulb in my scanner.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** *****'t mind waiting.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Steve M replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Steve M replied 1 year ago.
I would goto The Epson web site and initially download a manual- If this doesn't help, sites such as Epson usually offer a "Support" area, where youcan attain,community or usually phone an Epson Support engineer whoshould be able to helpyou straight away. I would gt the make andmodelof the necessary bulb and supply fromebay or amamzon? Fitment is probably a reversalof removing and is most likely in the manualHope this helps, get backtobe if it doesn't :-)
Steve M, Consultant
Experience: MCSE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice, I will try that now.