Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Somebody logged into my work email on saturday and sent

Customer Question

Somebody logged into my work email on saturday and sent an email from my account. The account is on the Microsoft Exchange so I went on and looked in devices that had been linked to and synced with the email. Sure enough a new phone had synced with my email at the time the email was sent.
It gave me the following information:
First sync: 10/01/2016 00:12
Last sync: 10/01/2016 00:28
Folders synced: 9
Device name: iPhone 6
Device model: iPhone 7C2
Phone number: Not Available
Mobile network: Not Available
Device type: iPhone
Device ID: 4TSBFE3391287ABV29NGFTE448
Device IMEI: Not Available
Device OS: iOS 9.2 13C75
Can I find out any further information about the phone that could help me find who it belongs to?
Kind Regards,
Vicky.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.In a case like this.....you may need to hire a Cyber detective. They exist, and are not really cheap either..However, the Device ID can very accurately connect the IPhone with an account with a service provider, and then from there, you would need a subpoena to get the actual account holders name..You honestly don't need any other information other than that Device ID. It is like the footprint for the phone, and each phone has a different Device ID..However the job of connecting the Device ID to a persons name, would require a legal subpoena. And is best left to attorneys and Investigators. .You run the risk of causing HUGE conflict if you were to personally confront the person who is responsible..I suggest you contact your local authorities, and open a report..Please take a moment to rate my performance.