Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

How do i restore my system image back to my mail drive

Customer Question

how do i restore my system image back to my mail drive
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.What exactly do you mean by your mail drive? I can help you restore your system's settings if that's what you mean?May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
mean the boot drive c:
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
What's the current problem with the computer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i dont know how to reinstall my system image back to my boot drive c:
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
What's the brand and model of your computer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
medion desk top pc opps system windows 7
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Do you know the full model number of your Medion PC? There are different models, for example E4110
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
why do you need all this information when all i need is being told how to do it there is no instrutions whit the wd passport
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Because not all computers are the same, just like humans have different blood types, computers aren't all built the same either
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Your question isn't clear - you said you wanted to restore your system image back to your mail drive then you said you meant to the boot drive c:Can you give me a little more detail on what happened before you decided to do this?From what I understand you want to restore an image to the computer, for that I need to know the full model number of the computer so I can give you clear instruction.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have just paid money for the infor mation i am not going to pay any more, remote support is that the money i have just paid for
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
medion akoya e7330 d (md8335)
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Thank you!Restart the computer and press F10 repeatedly as soon as it's booting up, does that bring up any menus?
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
If F10 does nothing, restart it again and try with F11
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i copy the instruction and on the screen i got (windoes 7 path\windows sys32\winload.exe part1 hard dis8deese3e /noexecute+option choose an offer system to strat pess tab to select tool use or choose other sys start or press tab to select tool use advance opp pressf8 tool windows memory dia
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
I won't be able to help you if we don't go at the same pace - what happened right after you pressed F11?
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
It would help if you told me what the original problem with your computer was..From what I've been gathering so far, you cannot boot into your C: partition because of a problem with the boot loader, the screen you're on should allow you to press F8 to get into the advanced boot menu but this has nothing to do with the instructions I gave you just before which were to restart and press F11 (could also work with F10 or F12) to get into the system recovery menu for your specific computer where you can re-load the default image
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i think i will end this i am no near to soveing this the instructions i req: was how i get the system image from the wd passport to my boot drive
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Your original request was: how do i restore my system image back to my mail driveTo restore an image from your wd passport you need to tell me what program you created the image with in the first place and whether the wd passport is bootable or not - but usually you can get to those options from the same menu I instructed you to go to by rebooting and hitting F11 (gives you options to restore an image)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i can boot my system but i wuld like to replace it the copy i have on my wd passport drive
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
There are hundreds of imaging tools available - which one did you use to create the image you have on your passport drive?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i used system image in win7
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Ok - restart the computer and hit F8 repeatedly, it should get you to the advanced boot menu screen, select Repair your computer and then send me a message
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Were you able to do that?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no i will just upgread to win 10 it wes an expensive way to get nowere fast bey
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Okay