Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I was given a Kindle reader 3-4 years ago. Used it but

Hello, I was given a Kindle reader 3-4 years ago. Used it but put it away a long time ago. Now I can not start it up again. Has the battery died or is there a way of re-activating the
reader? On the back, model No.is D00901 Also, I forget what all the buttons do, any guide I can print off. Sorry about all this. I would welcome any advice. Sincerely ***** ***** e-mail ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Let me know if it comes on please.PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR USER GUIDE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, thank you Randy. I printed off the user manual, found the power slide/button and an orange light (ultimately) stayed on, showing that the charger bit is working......It will take some time, so I'm grateful for your help, Good night RJR