Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I own a Levono Desktop computer Model 7760 Since I downloaded

Customer Question

I own a Levono Desktop computer Model 7760
Since I downloaded Windows 10 I have lost both the DVD RW Drive E and BE RW Drive
Can you help please
yours sincerely ***** *****
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
this is usually fro corruption that has occurred after the update so I would like you to do the following first please.
Press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin)
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.
Then check if you still have the problem.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else Let me know the results please