Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I HAVE A SAMSUNG GALAXY A3 PHONE AND I PUT IN A SCREE LOCK

I HAVE A SAMSUNG GALAXY A3 PHONE AND I PUT IN A SCREE LOCK CONSISTING OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS BUT WHEN THE SCREEN COMES UP TO UNLOCK THE NUMBERS ARE BIG AND THE LETTERS ARE TINY AND IT WONT LET ME GO ONTO THE LETTERS ONLY THE NUMBERS AND THERE ARE NO BUTTONS OR ANYTHING TO TOUCH TO GET THE LETTERS TO WORK.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try holding the power button down for 20 seconds then power power back on and let me know if the screen gives you a different keyboard please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No has given me the same screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
okay, give me a few minutes to check on this for you please.
okay, I am back with you. Thank you for your patience. What happens when you swipe left or right on the lock screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi nothing the screen doesn't move.
okay. is there a visible area to enter the characters of your password?if yes, what happens when you tap on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a space but when you tap on the numbers or letters it just brings up the numbers in space and no letters. Iwish I had just done a pin with numbers now
okay, do you have the phone backed up to a google account and sd card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im sorry I don't know what you mean im 63 and this was bought by my children for my birthday only had it since last Thursday so your talking to a total novice,
okay, no problem. The best option for this will be to restore the phone, that will get it back like it was when new. Then you can start again and choose the 4 digit pin screen lock. Follow these steps please> hold down the Power key to switch off your phone.Now press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power button, until you see Samsung logo.Release held keys when Recovery Mode appears on the screen.Then select from menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.Next choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm whole operation.After that select option "reboot system now".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will that wipe everything all my Whats App and contacts.Or will they be able to sort it if I go to mobile phone shop as my children put every thing on for me.When I press the buttons you said nothing comes up but I don't know if doing it right.
yes, that will wipe out the content. you can restore the content the same as when the phone was new using the same method. You have to hold those buttons down together, all at the same time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I JUST GET A WARNING TRIANGLE SAYING CUSTOM OS CAN CAUSE CRITICAL PROBLEMS IN PHONE AND INSTALLED APPLICATIONS.IF YOU WANT. IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD A CUSTOM OS PRESS VOLUME UP KEY.OTHERWISE PRESS VOLUME DOWN KEY TO CANCEL
okay, that is the firmware loader. You need to get in the recovery menu. Try these steps in the tutorial with images> PLEASE CLICK HERE<<,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy im sorry I still haven't got my phone working so taking it to a mobile shop.I didn't really understand all the technical advise needed more of an idiot guide so I don't think I will be using this site again as to complicated for someone like me who has never had an Android phone.Will be cancelling my monthly subscription through pay pal Thank you anyway