Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 8. Have charged the battery.

Customer Question

Just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 8. Have charged the battery. Now all the screen shows is Welcome, English UK language, Yellow next button, Accessibility. And a voice says the wrong time. Have I corrupted something when charging the battery & set up mode, by moving it & touching a button or something by accident. Also it does not recognise my Mac OS X computer? Can you help please? Reply on the following E-mail***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your Samsung Galaxy Tab2.I believe its brand new and you have no data to save if we run a factory reset.Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is brand new, as yet no data.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Press and hold the Power button until the Device options screen appears. Select Power off. Select OK. Press and hold the Volume up button then press and hold the Power button. When the Samsung logo appears, release all. Select wipe data/factory reset. (Use the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.) Select Yes -- delete all user data. Select reboot system now. Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.There you have it. Let us know if you have any problems
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. If you are unable to follow the steps i gave feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.