Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am trying to get my deleted files from cloud back but dont

I am trying to get my deleted files from cloud back but dont know how When I upgraded to Windows 10 I selected delete these files and I should not have done that and am trying to recover them
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please to which cloud you have been saving your files to? eg: Dropbox, One Drive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One drive
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
You can click on my link below and it will take you to the online one drive portal. Sign in if asked and you can the access and download your files back to your computer
https://onedrive.live.com/
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this link for one drive will not open
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Strange as its opening fine for me.
Can you try to click it again, I pasted it below
https://onedrive.live.com/
I double checked the one I gave you on a two computers and both work fine but tell me if you cannot open the one above as well please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Opened now thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you be more specific WhT do I do on this web page
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
These are your files on your Cloud account, so you can click on one of the folders then you see download at the top, click that and you can then download the files to your computer.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I ve. Been on the page and the oneI really want says disconnected network It is a shared file
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
When exactly do you get this message, and who else is it shared with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the one drive web page with all my other files Its a work file
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, that file is not there anymore then as some one has taken it off. You need to check with the people that also access this file as they will have a local copy and its that copy you need to get
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that settles that issue
Now I have a uploading 981 item s on top of page Is this my data going back on I cloud?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you see its uploading files then its going to your onedrive cloud, Icloud is the apple version and completely different to this.
Yopu just need to let the upload complete and they will be there.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now one other small item -just now because I was trying to connect the web page --along the bottom of my one drive page where it is uploading I ve got 3 tabs which all say -disconnect download How do I get rid of them or will they disappear when I
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
They will dissapear when its complete, its the option to stop the download.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much For helping a 69 year old who is trying to keep up with all this tech stuff Will rate in a min Thanks again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome!
All the best and any issues of course let me know.