Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

I have a kindle fire how do I set it up with my aol email address

I have a kindle fire how do I set it up with my aol email address please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.To setup an email address you must follow the steps on the following page:Click Here To ViewThe settings you need for AOL are as follow:Incoming (IMAP)Incoming server: imap.aol.comPort: 993Make sure SSL is checkeddOutgoing (SMTP)Outgoing server: smtp.aol.comPort: 587You must select it requires authentication to login.Here's more information on how to set AOL up and the differences between IMAP and POP3 which are the two options you are given when setting your email account up.https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-use-other-email-applications-to-send-and-receive-my-aol-mailIf you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above followed by Finish as it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for replying.
I have just tried your above set up procedure and the kindle has responded with email not enabled, email address or log-on not correct. I have just logged onto aol with exactly the same address and password ***** any problem which seems odd. Any suggestions please.
Pat G