hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of computer problems
40928634

Whilst in South Africa, I was unable to log on to the Internet. My

Customer Question

Whilst in South Africa, I was unable to log on to the Internet.
My host lent me something called "ALCOTEL onetouch" which made a connection simply called "MTN Internet_E07A"
It also worked in another place about 200 miles away from where I was originally staying.
Just what I need!
When I try to find it on line, all I come across are mobile phones!
Can you help, please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It is the internet service with MTN Internet
You can see the data bundles they provide online here
http://www.mtnonline.com/products-services/internet-services/data-bundles
Is this what you are looking for Tony?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I try that page, I am told that it is not available.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I see the website is down at the moment, they must be having issues.
Try later Tony, as it should then be backup, but it shows the different internet services they have on offer.
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.
Hello there I am another Expert who lives in South Africa.I don't think the first Expert read or understood your question correctly. The Mifi or portable wireless hotspot​ from Alcatel (you can change countries at the bottom of the page) is only available in some countries such as South Africa (where you were visiting) and the UK.Your host had put a MTN data SIIM in this device which provided you with an cell/mobile phone Internet connection.However what you can do if this personal hotspot device isn't available in your country, is to visit your home cell/mobile phone shop and I'm sure they will have a very similar device which you can use to create your personal hotspot.You can request for the hotspot to be unlocked so that you can use it on the next visit to SA.