Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Ive an old iPhone 3 and it will only allow me

hello ive an old iPhone 3 and for now it will only allow me to use emergency numbers only
would I take to an 02 shop so I could get it fixed
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.The reason you can only make Emergency Phone calls is because the iPhone is LOCKED with a passcode, or PIN. And you are unable to unlock it.....however, all phones are BY LAW supposed to be able to dial an emergency number...whether it is locked or not..So, in order to get into the phone without knowing the passcode, you need to RESTORE the software....using iTunes..You can take it to a shop that may do it for you, it depends on the shop. You will want to call beforehand and explain and get a price quote..Please take a moment to rate my performance.
You could also FLASH the phone from DFU mode, but you will lose all your data. If you have a backup, you can restore it after recovery.Here is a great tutorial you can follow:https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+-+4+-+4S+-+5+-+5S+-+5c+-+6+-+6S+-+How+to+flash+in+DFU+mode/52826
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks it gives me peace of mind knowing what to do next. it was my own fault anyway messing about with the phonethanks again that was quick
You are very welcome.I was happy to help.Please take a moment to rate my performance.Thank you