Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My Galaxy S5 asks password ***** I wish to use it. Apassword

Customer Question

My Galaxy S5 asks for a password ***** I wish to use it. Apassword ***** I have never put in place, therefore I cannot access settings to disablt it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Are you able to get into the main screen or its locked on the password *****?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As soon as I switch on it asks for the password ***** I have no knowledge of, therefore I cannot get in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
We can do a factory reset to get the phone back in working however there will be a data loss if you have not backed up your personal data before the password ***** appeared. There is no other way that you can recovery the lost data if we run a factory reset to the phone. Let me know when you are ready or you may try the reset steps. Turn the Galaxy S5 off and wait for 3 mins before attempting further steps.Now press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button, and the Power button together until you see the Android on screen.Now use Volume down to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option and press the Power button to select it.Use Volume down again to highlight Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.Wait until you see the reboot system now option and then use the Power button to select it.When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.