Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

Every time I type either a letter or a number it is followed

Customer Question

Every time I type either a letter or a number it is followed by another on its own. It is driving me mad.
It hasn't happened this time.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
Windows or Mac computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Are you using a wireless keyboard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started again last evening when I was doing my Asda order. I have to do a back space after every letter/number and also the space bar.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Open your device manager by right clicking on the Computer icon and select properties, then select Device Manager and check the Keyboards entry. Look to see if there is a duplicate of the keyboard you are using. If there is, delete one of them and see if that resolves the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just says Standard PS/2 Keyboard but the problem seems to have righted itself.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Just to make sure, delete the keyboard driver then restart your computer. You may need to do a cold restart as the keyboard may not respond at all after you delete it. As the reboot takes place, Windows will automatically reinstall the driver. That will insure the removal of any corrupt entries in the driver data.