nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Efficient expert with more than 30 years of experience.
76814648

I have 2 problems. I've just bought a new Dell laptop

I have 2 problems. I've just bought a new Dell laptop and want to use my old Epson perfection 1200 scanner with it - and also my old Epson stylus 1520. The new Dell laptop runs windows 10 but doesn't want to run either of these machines. I've looked at a few options such as Vuescan and Epson itself but they want hard cash and I'd really like a free site to download these drivers from. If you can help then I'd be seriously delighted!
Regards,
David
Category: Computer
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi David. Welcome to justanswer.You can download drivers for Epson perfection 1200 from this link for free. CLICK HERE. You need to select your operating system and download the software.And you can download the same for Epson stylus 1520 from this link. CLICK HERE. Both the sources are free. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please do rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can receive my payments. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan ,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm delighted to say that my Epson 1520 printer is now working from this laptop but I've still no joy with the scanner. And it's the machine I really need to work! This is an oldish machine (10 years Plus) and appears to have a firewire cable to the usb on my new computer. Could this be my problem? Or is it still a driver problem and where do I get it for free - and I've tried the link you sent several times with no luck. Sorry to be a pain in the bum but lets blame the guys who designed these computer things in the first place. Best wishes,
David.
Try downloading from this link.If your computer is 32-bit Windows 10 then CLICK HEREIf your computer is 64-bit Windows 10 then CLICK HEREReply once you are done with the installation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan,
I'm still trying to get my old scanner to work but nothing happens when I click on the links you've sent. Are the links working? I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 10.
Regards,
David
Hi David,
Sorry to hear that.
Copy paste this link and download the file.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=14568&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_W_10-64
Wait for 3-4 second and a file will get downloaded.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan,
Once again, my thanks, ***** ***** I've already been on the official Epson page you sent me and the only thing which downloads is called the Event Manager Utility. And it appears, to my amateur eye, to be a dead end - or am I missing something? I've certainly seen nothing to click on to download the driver I'm looking for. Is there a driver for this scanner for Windows 10? If there isn't then would the version for Windows 7 work? Just a thought..
Actually David, I have just verified that Epson has not yet updated the Windows 10 version for drivers. I don't think drivers compatible for Windows 7 or 8 will work with Windows 10. We can just hope that Epson will soon release Windows 10 update. Now if you want to use the scanner, either you need to downgrade to Windows 8 or wait till Epson release update. Sorry mate.
I hope you were satisfied by the services provided by me. If so, then please rate the services POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah well, I had a feeling this wasn't going to work out. Never mind, I can always buy Vuescan (for forty bucks for f... sake!)
I need a scanner for my work as I'm a glass and stone engraver. Give me a look at
www.designsonglass.weebly.com or www.designsonstone.weebly.com
I realise that my questions were not that straightforward so I'll be happy to give you a 4 star rating. Hope that helps!
With best wishes from a very cold north of Scotland,
David.