Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have a mac book pro I can turn it on (I hear the chime) But

I have a mac book pro I can turn it on (I hear the chime)
But it will not open
Can you advise me
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Stewart, and Thank You for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.On the Mac Book Pro...do you see any cracks or scratches on the screen? If so...how big, and how bad is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None
When was the last time this Mac Book Pro worked fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This morning then left on charge
No phone calls unfortunately.Why?Because it would be international....and we have to pay for the calls ourself.....and its very expensive..BUT....i think we can get it solved WITHOUT a phone call...if you are willing to be a bit patient?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help
Yes, i do believe i can help you!.But i will need to gather information from you about this...then cross reference that info, and formulate a process of elimination to follow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was working this morning then left on charge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is fully charged and connected to the electric supply
The apple symbol is alight
But it will not open
By open....do you mean start up....as in OSX (some kind of animal) starts
Or are you really meaning the Flip-Top LID wont open?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I just hear the china doll I have a back screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just hear the chime
No blinking cursors?Did anythign flash on the screen for a short second right after you turned it on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing just black screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you here
Yes im here...im typing and reading......sorry for the delay.What does the battery indicator show on the side of the MacBook Pro?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mains green light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Light has changed to red as if charging it it's been on charge all day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And the light was green when I first tried to turn it on
How many lights are lit.....macbooks vary in the amount.....some have 5 lights total.....some have 8 lights total....what does yours have?.I am like 90% sure it has something to do with the POWER system.We might need to RESET the SMC (system management controller) as this may be the culprit.If you want to do this...here are the instructions.Shut down the Mac and connect it to your Power adapter and a wall outlet as usualHold down the Shift+Control+Option+Power button at the same time for a few secondsRelease all keys at the same time, then boot the Mac as usual
It may have been on the charger all day....MAYBE YOUR CHARGER IS BROKEN?
Can you try a different Charger, and THEN let it charge for awhile....and then try to turn it on again..I bet you $100.....that the charger has failed....im THAT certain! LOL Just kidding.....but seriously...its probably the charger.
You get a Black Screen.....and the POwer light went down Suddenly..It was on the charger for hours, but does NOT show a FULL charge..Yup....its the charger!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried all nothing works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take it to apple tomorrow
Thanks for trying
You tried a different Charger? So....what does the battery indicators lights on the MacBook Pro have lit? does it have 5 lights, or 8 lights, or just 1 light? Sometimes the lights are on the bottom.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just black screen
nothing works
You keep saying NOTHING works....but your not telling me WHAT you tried?.Does yoru power lights look like this link?
Please be specific about what you have tried....be detailed.....if you are too general...i cant help....technology is VERY specific, and VERY unforgiving in terms of lee-way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried control cmd power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must go now
Okay....have a great day....please take a moment to rate my performance...thank you
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience: Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.