Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

My kindle on/off button is not working and there is a C symbol

Customer Question

my kindle on/off button is not working and there is a C symbol in the top corner. Help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your kindle.Try to unplug the kindle from the ac adapter. Press and hold down the power button on the kind for 45 seconds and release it wiat another 30 seconds and power it back on.Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not working I'm afraid
Did the kindle shut down completely when holding it down for 45 seconds?Let me know the model number of the Kindle and how old is it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no model no D01100
how old is it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think about 5 years
its a Graphite D01100 black and white kindle correct?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not willing to pay more as I am on a basic pension and every pound is necessary
You dont have to pay for additional service its the option you get and it totally depends if you want to opt for or not, completely fine.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes, it is a Graphite D01100 black and white Kindle
This will need a factory settings reset which will not erase your ebook however if you loose from the kindle you can download it back from the amazon Kindle account.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do I go about this?
To hard reset your kindle, you want to make that the kindle is turned “ON”. While it is ON, open the back cover of the device and look for the reset button. After finding the reset button, look for small and pointed object to press it with (a paperclip or pen is perfect) and press the reset button for 30 seconds or until the Kindle powers OFF. At this point, you do not have to do anything, all you need to do is wait for your kindle while it reboots itself.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any help with finding the reset button?
remove the back cover you will see a tiny reset hole use a paper clip to reset it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your help, Michelle, but nothing seems to be working.
There is no response to the on/off button, not even a responding light.
i will open this question to other experts for there views.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, bye.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please what you now see when you turn on the Kindle?