Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

The outgoing server of my Wife's IPad has failed. Incoming

Customer Question

The outgoing server of my Wife's IPad has failed. Incoming mail six o.k. but outgoing has ceased to function. The web provider is talktalk but her email address is***@******.*** can you help? I had a similar problem with my MacBook earlier in the week which was resolved by your support advisor Mantas . I. have checked the SMTP server which seems o.k operating via Port 587.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Do you get any errors?If so, what's the error code?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Outgoing emailed are lodged in the draft folder instead of senr
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
If you try to sync do you see any errors come up?Sounds like it might be working offline but it's hard to tell from here.May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
O.k. Nothing further to add
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you please respond
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
I did just above, did you get my reply?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
O.k. What should I now do to proceed having given you detail of the problem?
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
I don't have much to work with since you say there's no error, what email client is it, Outlook 2011?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. Talk talk.co.uk
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
What's the name of the app you use to check your email?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Emails are received via talktalk provider at***@******.***
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
May I connect to your computer and take a look?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=a3b7bdfb-7771-408b-817a-081a2157898dThen click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientLet me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Martin, I was unable to connect to Elsinore as it kept indicating invalid en
Mail address? I am reluctant to agree to remote tech support if it will not connect
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Are you contacting me from your computer or from another device?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
From the IPad but you can contact me on my MacBook at***@******.***
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Ah that's probably why it's not connecting then, Ron.From your MacBook go to the following address:http://ngmt.screenconnect.comYou should get asked for a code.The code you need to enter is: KBZN
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have started the download but it is indicating a download time of 33 mins? which is too long.incidentally your replies via email are coming in to the iPad via the hotmail address?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The download time has now increased. To 1 hr plus. Can you not phone me as this would be much easier.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Cancel the download - I misread your original request and thought it was for your Mac because you're in the computer section of our website.Are you on your wife's iPad now?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
From the Home screen go into Mail then go back at the top left.Scroll down to where it says Accounts and tell me what you see there
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry MARTIN, I lost you but could not find what you asked. Home screen is talktalk web page but I could not find what you asked?
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
From the home screen, did you tap on "Mail" first?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will try again.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Account. Ron Watson. Pop Email. [email protected] .co.uk. Talk talk
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Is all that listed under "Accounts" in the "Mailboxes" screen?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Listed under mailbox screen is:- ICloud. Talk talk. Hotmail.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Ok good, under the "Accounts" section go into the email account in question
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will do that but have to come out of this screen to do so
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
I understand
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Martin, with all due respect we do not seem to be making progress, mostly due poor communication as I have to keep leaving this page to implement your instructions. I cannot be in two pages at the same time. What do you suggest now?Ron.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Ron, I understand - it's usually advisable to contact us from another device other than the one you need to fix unless it's a computer where we can connect and solve the problem for you.Do you see an Outbox folder listed on the screen I just got you to go to?If you do, go into it and delete any emails you see in there.If you don't, do the following:Press and hold the Power and Home buttons for about 30 seconds or until you see the phone turn off, turn back on, then back off again.Once it's completely off, power it back on and try your email again.Martin
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Martin, Had I known this from the beginning I could have communicated via my MacBook. The problem device is not a phone but an IPad. I will try what you suggest. If this issue is not resolved am I still liable for the full charge So?
Ron
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry the word So should not have benn added after charges.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Of course not, you may request a refund if the problem is not resolved or if you're simply not happy with the service.You have up to 30 days to do so.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have no problem with the service you have provided but disappointed that so far the issue has not been resolved.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
You may still log into our website through your MacBook if you like - you just need to go to www.justanswer.com and log in from there using your email and the temporary password ***** was sent to you via email or you can have a new one sent to you.Were you able to hard reset the device with the Power and Home buttons as I suggested just before?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Martin,
I have now spent 2 hours corresponding with you and no progress has been made. I was not aware that I was taking out a membership of Just Answer as I thought my payment to you was in respect of you helping resolve my problem. Please cancel my membership and refund any monies paid. This is not in anyway casting doubt on your expertise but I cannot spend any more time trying to resolve the issue and will take the Ipad to the Apple Store in Glasgow.Ron.watson
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Martin,Please reply to the last response.Ron
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ron,Sorry to get back to you so late - I wasn't online.You may cancel by using the following link:http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-usOr by calling billing on 1(###) ###-####ope you have a lovely weekend and get your problem resolved.Martin